Copyright Policy and Intellectual Property Policy
Last Updated: 9/21/2009
mash4, Inc. ("mash4") wants YOU to know that it respects the intellectual property of others (particularly of YOU), and we ask our users to do the same. mash4 does not claim any copyright or other ownership in any material or content uploaded by YOU onto the system operated by mash4 (the "mash4 Site") (other than solely to provide the mash4 Service) because YOU have uploaded it on to the mash4 Site.
mash4 is the neutral host of each content feed it administers, and users are independent persons or entities that are not controlled by mash4. Neither the admission nor the continued membership of any user or entity constitutes endorsement by mash4. mash4 does not police their actions, nor does mash4 undertake any responsibility for their acts or omissions. While mash4 encourages independent website operators and users to adopt responsible approaches to usage of mash4, it is possible that some operators will take actions or engage in activities through the application that are alleged to infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
In addition, YOUR right to use material available on or through mash4 services may be limited by copyright and the intellectual property laws of the United States and/or other countries. It is up to YOU to determine your rights to any such material.
Where appropriate, it is mash4's policy to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who mash4 determines in its sole discretion, may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of mash4 and/or others.
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations and Agent for Notice
If YOU believe that YOUR work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that YOUR intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide mash4 with written notice (a "Notice") containing the following information:
- a description of the copyrighted work or, if multiple works are at issue, a representative list of those works, which YOU claim has been infringed;
- a description of where on the mash4 Site the allegedly infringing material can be found with enough detail so that we may find it on the mash4 Site;
- YOUR contact information, including YOUR mailing address, telephone number and email address.
- a statement that YOU have a good-faith belief that the display of the material to be removed or disable is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement, signed under penalties of perjury, that the information in the Notice is accurate and that YOU are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or intellectual property owner
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other intellectual property owner
mash4's Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
3003 Country Club Ct.
Palo Alto, CA 94304
By email: email@example.com
Upon proper notification of claimed infringement, mash4's policy is to respond expeditiously to evaluate whether any infringement has occurred, and, if determined by mash4 in its sole discretion that infringement or other prohibited posting has occurred, to remove, or disable access to, such material.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, mash4 disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for the acts and omissions of users of the mash4 Site and mash4's feeds, including, without limitation, infringement of any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right. By publishing or complying with the foregoing policies or responding to any notification of a claim of infringement, mash4 does not undertake or assume any duty, responsibility that it would not otherwise have under mandatory provisions of applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, mash4 reserves the right to change the foregoing policies and procedures at any time and from time to time, in its absolute discretion, without notice. Any changed policies or procedures will be posted on this website.
If you have any questions related to our Copyright Policy, please contact us.